Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Sample (or history lesson) of Rome


The streets of Rome. Jared is sitting on the top level of the bus. How fun is that? He also used his self-portrait capturing talents so that I could see "that [he] was really there".

The famous Colloseum ruins (there is a story about this. Should I tell it? It's kind of embarrassing... Okay. I live in my own small little secure world and really need to think outside the box and find out what's really out there. One of the souvineers Jared brought back for me was a picture of this amazing huge building. I said, "Wow, that's cool. What is it?"
Jared was a little shocked, but not too, since he's lived with me and become aware of many of my moments of ignorance over the last, can you believe it will be 10 years in Dec.?
He mentioned to me, "where the Gladiators performed? Where the early Christians were slaughtered?" Nothing rang the bell for me. I wasn't exactly a straight "A" student in History.) So now I present to you, "Le Colosseo di Roma".

Jared (I think he looks like a missionary) at St. Peter's. By the way, now he can tell you that he doesn't speak Italian, in Italian.
He got some studying done while waiting for the Pope to come out. Boards are only weeks away!
There's the Pope! Jared had a pretty good seat. Twice a week they have these assemblies where the Pope addresses the tourists and groups that go to visit the Vatican.
Jared posing with the Vatican
Jared and the friends and family of the Dr. that he did research with last summer. Can you believe this doctor and his wife have 7 boys and 0 girls? It's not too late to change your votes!

This is Jared doing what he came here to do, present his research on the drug, "Clomid". Doesn't he look great? I'm so proud of him!

3 comments:

  1. I just asked Jace what "that" was, and he answered,
    "The Colleseum ruins?"

    Even Jace knows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know he research clomid...I may have to talk to him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure he would love any questions you have!

    ReplyDelete

All New Feature