Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"The Sun Did Not Shine..."

"... It was too wet to play. So we sat in the house all that cold, cold wet day. I sat there with [Kyle], we sat there, we two. And I said, 'How I wish we had something to do!' Too wet to go out and too cold to play ball. So we sat in the house. We did nothing at all. So all we could do was to sit!

Sit!

Sit!

Sit!

And we did not like it. Not one little bit." (Well, maybe a little bit!)
- "The Cat in the Hat" by Dr. Suess - my favorite book to read to the kids. I find myself begging to read it again, and Lance is like, "No, not again!" We know it so well, we recite it in the van together, finishing each other's sentences.

Kyle kept his post by the window a lot of today. By the way, Lance wrapped him in this blanket while he sat there, and he kept it! So sweet.
Later on, Lance and I were in the bedroom organizing the bookshelf when last I heard from Jared about Kyle was that he was just there by the window, looking out. Poor kid! Next thing I knew, I went to check on Kyle, and he had put himself down for his nap, on the floor, by the window, blanket and all! I was so shocked I forgot to get the picture. So here he is, soundly in his crib once I moved him. That window watching must be exhausting! (BTW, Gramma Tilton made this quilt and pillowcase :O) Thanks Gramma!)

It is hard to believe we had just gone on this hike the day before:


Kyle is singing some more sounds of music in the hills. Lance is obviously having the time of his life. He called this a "special hike". This was our first time venturing this trail. We found this patch of yellow and decided to stop and take it in. Can you believe these flowers?!


1 comment:

All New Feature