Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Gratitude Journal

Tonight we had a Relief Society Dinner at church.  We got to enjoy a delicious meal and then listen to a phenomenal speaker that shared a motivational lesson about how we can have an "Attitude of Gratitude" through recording the things we are thankful for each day.  "Gratitude Journals" were available for us to take home, inside which we were to record three things each day for one month ('til Dec. 16th) of those things we are thankful for (Rules: you can't use any of them twice! and it has to be positive).  I forgot to bring one of those cute journals home, and so my trusty blog gets to pick up for my slack :)

So here goes:

  1. I am grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, and his atoning sacrifice for us.
  2. Today, and everyday, it easy for me to remember how grateful I am for this nice house Jared found for our family.  It's always there for me to look at!  The kitchen is my favorite room in the house (besides the front room and family room :)  Most nights, I am able to have one-on-one time to thank my kitchen as I load the dishes and wipe the counters.  It's my chance to give back a little for what it gave our famiy throughout the busy day.  Sometimes, when I'm too exhausted, I thank it in the morning.
  3. I am grateful for my busy husband, who isn't always there for me to look at.  In fact, one morning as we were leaving for church, he got home after working all day and night before, and the kids were shocked to see him.  Lance asked him, "How did you get home so early?"
Which brings up my children, but that's for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All New Feature