Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 3, Grateful Journal

  1. I am grateful for the power of prayer that has blessed my life, even in the simplest ways.  Today I got a spoon stuck in the disposal.  I tried to free it.  I tried and tried to get it out.  I got it to move a little, but it was determined to stay put.  Jared wouldn't be home until the next day after working all night.  I was pretty sure he wouldn't be excited to already have an urgent, "To Do" list when he got home.   I just wanted to have my kitchen clean so I could move to the next item on my list!  It was quiet time, so the kids were all in their rooms.  I got on my knees and said a quick prayer.  I stood back up, reached my hand in, and pull it out.  Seriously, just like that.  What a blessing to have the gift of prayers in my life.
  2. I'm grateful for my health, and my family's health.  I have not gotten sick at all since we've been here.  The kids have been doing great.  It seems like we got sick a lot when we were in that tiny apt. breathing the same air all the time.  I'm knocking on wood, but so far, so good...
  3. Modern technologies, like Skype.  Jared's Dad sent us the equipment, and last night I was able to get hooked up and had my first "in person" conversation with my father in law since we've moved.  I'm excited for the kids to use it.  They have really been missing their families in UT, and it will be so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All New Feature