Thursday, August 19, 2010

One Incredible Woman

This smile comes from a woman that gains her happiness and joy through serving others. This is Jared's mom. Her life is devoted to her family's well-being, as well as her friends. She is an incredibly talented nurturer, cleaner, and organizer.
The day after we had our first child, Jared had to go to a business conference out of town. She took me into her home, gave me her bed and room while she slept on a mattress in her living room, fed me delicious food, and gave me advice that I'd never heard or even imagined that I would need after giving birth to a child. Needless to say, she took care of and showed me how to care for my newborn baby as well.
She put up with our whole family living in her basement for several weeks while our first home was being refinished. Each time I had a baby, she came in and helped with whatever needed done, usually tons of laundry and house cleaning.
When Evan got sick, she quit her job and spent countless hours, days, weeks helping us, whether it be in the hospital, especially while I was in the other hospital having my 3rd child, or at our home, where she kept it and the laundry under control during that entire difficult year.
On Match Day, when we found out that we would be moving to Missouri, she was in the hospital after having a hip replacement the day before, and when we called to tell her, she cried because she was hoping so much that we would get to stay in Utah, but she quickly added that she would ride up with me in the van to help with the kids on the trip. She helped us survive the long 3 day journey up here, and then stayed for a week to help us unpack and get organized, especially the kitchen, which she unpacked and put away completely, making it convenient for me to finally use all of my things, including the china that we stored for years!
Her health hasn't been the best, but she tries to ignore her aches and pains and continues to serve others.
I have learned so much from her Christlike example, and I think I've become a little better of a person because of her.

We love you Gramma Judy!
Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing woman! And what a great daughter in law to show your appreciation so lovingly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a tribute! I hope that someday someone will have such nice things to say about me, too! Happy birthday to you, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. She really is special. How grateful you must be...

    ReplyDelete

All New Feature