Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Back to School: Kindergarten and 5th Grade 1st Day



The School-goers







I had to stop them to get this photo. They were so anxious to get to school. The little man in pink is Jace's good friend and neighbor. Actually he's great friends with all our kids. They'll be walking buddies all year.








Kyle and Lance We met a flock of wild geese on our path toward school. Too bad they're in a school yard. Jared would love to get a permit for these tasty meals.
Buddies.
Lance found his spot without a problem.
... And it turned out to be a great day! Amazingly, even though we live very close to the school, we are also in the zone for getting a bus ride (they don't count the shortcut we take, they count the distance away from school by driving distance), so Lance will walk to school with Jace in the morning, and ride the bus home with the other kindergartners. One of the first things he asked me was, "How did you and Kyle do while I was gone?" His concern for his brother is so sweet. Kyle really wanted to stay and do puzzles with Lance. I told him we did okay, but we missed him, Cami too :)
I looked out my window this afternoon, during Cami's naptime, and saw two brothers playing together again in the backyard, grateful for each other's company. Sweet. I am so glad he's only gone for the morning!
I didn't get a picture of Jace coming home because he snuck inside and was doing his homework long before I realized it. Typical behavior from Jace. He had a great day, too, and was anxious to play with his neighbor friends as soon as he was done. He likes his teacher and is making lots of friends, he says. Looks like it's going to be an awesome year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All New Feature