Friday, September 19, 2008

Stuck!

This morning, we were at Jen's house enjoying ourselves. Lance and Kyle were playing on the patio with Kaya. We were visiting on the steps when I glanced over and saw Kyle standing there looking at me with his head through the bars. He looked like this:

He was trying to pull his head through, but it wouldn't go. An alarm sort of went up in my head and I thought, "This might be serious." I got closer for a better look. I tried pushing his ears against his head to make it go through easier. We tried turning his head downward, upside-down... the head wouldn't budge through. Christy had been walking by and came over to check it out. She mentioned that we might need some butter. Jen came back with the butter. I heard someone say something about calling 911. Then we began talking about how much the kids would love to see a real firetruck pull up right here! I know Kyle would love it.


All this while Kyle stood calmly listening to all of our ideas with his head stuck through these bars; I couldn't believe how totally fine he was with this.


Then in the midst of our creative ideas ( I was beginning to wonder if it would be that difficult to just get a tool to cut one of those bars off - Jen, maybe we could weld the bar back on!) Kyle reached for a toy that Christy was holding. He couldn't quite reach it, so he stepped through the bars, as we watched with wonder, sucked his tummy in, pulled his shoulders through, and lifted his other foot through, at last to reach the toy. The genius was free!


I can't even tell this story without cracking up. I think Kyle deserves the "Gotcha!" award. I had him climb back through just to get the pictures (with Jen's camera - thanks, Jen!).
Little clown!

8 comments:

  1. That is SO funny to me! I laugh when I think about it! He sure knows how to put a smile on someones face! Although there is a part of me the thinks it would have been even more funny had we lathered his head with butter first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what that is like. I tell my self everyday, "Our kids are smarter then us. The sooner we realize this the beter..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny! I like the butter smeared head idea too! Smart kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a funny kid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was precious. I'm glad you had him do it again....pictures can tell a thousand words :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great story. Kids are so fun - you never know what they are going to throw at you. I am glad this story had a happy ending!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is hilarious!! You are better than I am about the dead elk in the house thing - not sure I'd be that supportive.:}
    You boys are great - love the stuff about Kyle and how is just getting bigger and bigger. How nice for him to have mommy all to himself for a little bit.

    ReplyDelete

All New Feature