Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Dish for a Mom

Here's a portion of my conversation with my joker Jace tonight after dinner.

Jace: "Mom, you're going to turn into a dish if you don't stop."

Mom: "What should I stop?"

Jace: "Doing dishes!"

Several years ago, when Jace was a giggly little boy (he's still giggly, just not so little), he was eating and eating tons of noodles one day. Jared and I told him he might turn into a noodle if he keeps eating them like that. He kept the noodle-eating up and, sure enough, he turned into one huge noodle, sitting right there on the chair that Jace had just been sitting in. It was so scary! I wondered where my Jace had gone and what was this big noodle doing on his chair. To this day, Jace doesn't believe that he really did, indeed, turn into a noodle, even though Jared and I both "saw it with our own eyes."

So, might I turn into a dish? I s'pose in this family, anything's possible.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:49 AM

    Thank you for sharing your fun memories with us! This is such a fun and heartwarming blog! Well done!

    -Zadok

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read Evan's blog and his story you wrote down for the Ensign. What an incredible story and how comforting this would be to so many who struggle with loss. You are a great writer Jenny and you brought me to tears. You are such a sweet girl and obviously such a fantastic mom. All your little ones are so lucky. I am so excited to find out what you are having.

    Thanks for making my day better through your comforting words.

    ReplyDelete

All New Feature