Monday, January 14, 2008

What did you do today?

Tonight, for family night, we looked at photos of Jace when he was a baby. Then we talked about journals and how they aren't as fun to write as they are to read later (For me, anyway). Then we had Jace and Lance write their own journals. We had them keep it simple and down to only a few minutes of writing. For example, Jace's went like this:

"Monday, Jan. 14, 2008... I went to shcool. I like shcool. I like the work and recess."

Jared helped Lance, and it went something like this:

Jared: "What did you do today?"
Lance: "I just go on the train with you."
Jared: "What else did you do today?"
Lance: "I just go on the bus, too."
Jared: "What did you do in preschool today?"
Lance: "I didn't bring anything at preschool." (He was bummed that today wasn't his day for show and tell.)
Jared: "What did you learn in preschool?"
Lance: "I just learn my bouncy ball." (After I had him put his toys down before we left, I found that once outside, he still had his red rubber ball. I told him to just put it in his coat pocket and he can play with it after preschool, which he did nicely without a fit. But I didn't know it would be his main source of thought throughout preschool!)

We'll have to figure this one out.

2 comments:

  1. I like how you explained the journals... I always HATED writing in my journal when I was a kid. I will have to start having Maggie keep a journal... you have inspired me! thanks!
    p.s. i like the movie-gets-your-mind-off-pain idea. I like movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what Jace said. -Dalton

    ReplyDelete

All New Feature