Sunday, January 20, 2008

Happy Haircut

Cutting hair has not been on the list of favorite things to do for the boys. I try to make it fun by letting them pick out a movie to watch to keep their head still while I'm snipping away. But even then it was hard for them to ignore the loud buzzing of the shears and hair itching their neck. Especially for Lance. Last week, I tried something new with him. For months, when styling his hair, he has asked me to do it like Uncle Johnny's (spiked with gel). So I asked him if he wanted his hair to be cut like Uncle Johnny's, and of course he did. I was amazed as I sheared and snipped away. He actually sat still, with no movie to watch. He was focusing hard on having his hair just like his Uncle Johnny's. I was able to take time to make it a nice cut without having to rush it. It was a happy haircut for me and for him. Thanks, Uncle Johnny!

My brother, Johnny's spikes

"It's like Uncle Johnny's!"

1 comment:

  1. hahaha!!! Kids are so funny... it's amazing how well they can concentrate when they have their mind on something important!

    ReplyDelete

All New Feature