Monday, January 14, 2008

He sleeps


Kyle had a tough night a few nights ago. He woke up a couple times uncharacteristically crying and wouldn't stop. He had a runny nose and had been grabbing his ear, and I thought it might be an ear infection. I gave him Tylenol to get him through the night, and planned to call the Dr. first thing in the morning to get an appt. that day. But while I was waiting for the Tylenol to kick in, I remembered something I learned while Evan was sick and handling pain. Watching movies helps alleviate pain, according to some research (sorry I don't have the info...it was in the paper!) (also, thanks, mom, for cutting it out for me!). Something to do with getting your mind off the pain. Evan loved watching movies, and Jared kept getting him more, thus the pile of movies you see on our wall.
So I put one of our Baby Einstein movies on, and it was amazing! His trouble long forgotten, Kyle was glued to the T.V. He watched all 30 minutes of it, and I turned it on again. Soon, he was drooping off to sleep. It was so cute how he was propped up there on the couch enjoying the movie, and then... out. I couldn't resist snapping the photo.
Next day... turned out that he had no ear infection - just teething!

1 comment:

  1. Your family is so adorable. I think we're both going through the same thing. Jackson is teething as well. Still no teeth, but I know they are SOOOOO close

    Love ya

    Kristi

    ReplyDelete

All New Feature