Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Day 13, Gratitude Journal

 
Happy Birthday, Dear Daddy...
  1. I'm grateful that Jared was born 34, I mean 35 years ago today!  He had to correct me today about his age.  Man, he's getting old!
  2. ...And for the happiness that he has brought to my life.
  3. I'm grateful for the hard worker that he is.  Even when he's so tired that he can't stay awake.  Even for his own birthday. 
  4. 
    Waiting for Dad to wake up to open his presents:
    Pistachio nuts from the kids, a dress shirt and tie
    from me, Tupperware bowls for making deer/elk
    jerky from his family, a T-shirt with a buck on
    it from my family, and...



"Utah Deer Droppings" that my mom found.  Jace's friend was over, and wasn't sure what to think.  We played it up.  (Chocolate Covered Peanuts)
Yum! How we've missed those droppings!


When I asked Lance to make Dad a card, he had this great idea to make a card with a picture of Dad's elk on it.  I found him one of Jared out in the mountains with his elk, but he didn't want that one, he wanted the one of Dad putting "Phillip" up on the wall (as you can see, far right).  Then of course, Kyle wanted the exact same picture for his card to Dad, but he let me do another one of him with his Dad, and the card making fun began...  There's even one from Evan, blowing up birthday balloons (3rd from Right, with Jace, for Jace's 4th BD)
L to Right: Daddy and Cami during brother's soccer game, Jace with results of a hunting trip with Dad, Us on our second honeymoon in Vegas just before moving here...
The middle pic isn't a card, just one that Lance and Kyle both wanted for each of their shelves, and Lance used for the birthday dinner centerpiece.  It is Jared with "Phillip", just after they met in the mountains.
Then Evan and Jace getting ready for Jace's 4th birthday party, Daddy carrying Kyle to the top of a hill in Utah for sledding, and the hanging of "Phillip".

1 comment:

  1. What a great birthday celebration. I am so thankful for my hard working man too.

    ReplyDelete

All New Feature