Sunday, January 24, 2010

In the Classroom

Italic Jace gave his 3rd presentation Wednesday. At the beginning of the year his Fourth grade teacher asked the students to present anything of their own free choice, and it's been fun to see what topics Jace has taken an interest in. His first presentation was "How to Make a Bag Pop" (with baking soda and vinegar); his second was "How to Make Maple Syrup"; and this week, he presented "Light" (and also how light bulbs work).

I took him to the library and he found about 5 books about light. He read them, and practiced on us during Family Night the Monday before. I couldn't believe the numbers and specific details that he remembered. I was surprised when he said he was nervous and his voice was shaking. I couldn't tell as Lance, Kyle, Cami, and I watched him in the classroom, presenting the facts about light.

(sidenote- the librarian in the hallway saw us while we were on our way and, after looking at the kids, said, 'You've got Jace Martin in each of your faces,')

What a joy it is for me to watch him up there. It makes me emotional to think about the talent that he has in retaining information like that. When I told him about his talent, he thanked me, but I don't know if he realizes what a blessing it is to retain information like this. Ah! If I had it, I'd go find my keys...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All New Feature