Thursday, January 28, 2010

Healthy Lifestyles

All three boys, and I, got strep throat earlier this week. We all took it easy, with help from sweet friends ;) and then the antibiotics kicked in and it was back to life as usual.

Except I had an idea:

"It's been so nice having all of us home. How 'bout if I just take you out of school and we watch movies all day?"
Lance, shaking his head, said, "my bum will get big."


We had cookies tonight after dinner, and Lance said,
"Mom, I thought you weren't going to eat cookies anymore because there's too much sugar."
I answered excitedly, "How 'bout if I eat a cookie today, and have NO COOKIES tomorrow!"
Lance's eyes got wide open as his long eyelashes blinked in realization and he said enthusiastically, "That's a GREAT idea!"

I'm with him. How's that scripture? "Eat, drink, and be merry? For tomorrow we die?"

1 comment:

  1. I love the logic and honesty of children! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

All New Feature