Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Let's Make Music Together


One of our summer chores this year is to do a service for a sibling. Thank you for the idea, Sherrie! It has been a wonderful relationship builder for these guys. So the older sibling has to play whatever the younger sibling wants to play, as long as it is safe. I have also asked them to watch the other guys face and see if they can make them smile or laugh more. It has been a great tool for helping these super-energetic boys to calm down and think about the other guy... plus, the idea of just getting along is great, too.
These photos were taken a few weeks before we started this new chore idea, but it reminds me of what it's been like when the boys are purposefully playing together with a goal to have fun, together. Ah! Music to my ears!

4 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I'll have to remember that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny--

    This is Annalisa who you contacted about the portrait, I emailed back but received an automated response, I wanted to make sure you got my email!

    Thanks!

    Annalisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea that has many good outcomes - it gives them something to do but also helps siblings become aware of the other person and their needs. I'll have to store that idea for later when I have more than one child. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can empathize! Boys are rough. Great ideas. I'll use them.

    ReplyDelete

All New Feature