Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Simple Things in a Can

Yesterday was a bit of a rough day. I depend too heavily on naptime for my break to unwind, get things in order, and think. Since Kyle has began climbing out of his crib up to Jace's top bunk bed to get into the fish tank next to that, Jared took the crib down. We moved Kyle's mattress to the other room, on the floor.


For the first week, he slept quite well in it... or off it.

But on this day, he decided that he would explore his independence and go without a nap. He played, got up, went back down after being spoken to sternly by his mother, only to repeat the process. It was a constant battle. I was exhausted by the end of this day, if you call 4pm the end of the day. By that time Jace, Lance, and Kyle were all beginning to ask for a snack, but, like I said, I was done. I opted to skip the snack and go straight to dinner, kitchen closing soon after that. I grabbed a couple cans of Campbell's Chunky Vegetable Pasta soup and Voila! Dinner's done.

So you can imagine how my heart melted when Lance had his first bite and exclaimed, "Wow! Mom! That is so good! How did you make it?!"

I don't know why I didn't discover this soup thing a lot earlier. Lance was still pleased even when I told him it came out of a can. How sweet it is to be with someone that can appreciate the simple things...

As for my little no-napper? He was in bed early, with not too many complaints.

3 comments:

  1. That is so precious! Thank goodness for the sweet, sincere thoughts of children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you! I love when they're easily pleased...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:09 AM

    Fun times...mine are both opting out of taking naps lately...not sure how to stop that. Early bedtime is great sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

All New Feature