Monday, August 25, 2008

Who raised you?

Jace and I were picking out his school clothes tonight after returning home from the cabin, and he grabbed the jeans I told him he couldn't wear until school started and a shirt that he wore all the time last year. I quickly showed him the one I already had hanging up on the doorknob that I bought for him, brand new, never worn.
"I bought this for you. Would you rather wear this?"
He didn't really act very excited about it and was fine with wearing the old shirt in his hand. In my head, I'm thinking, " You MUST wear a new shirt to school the first day!" And he really could care less. Aren't these roles usually switched?
Anyway, I had a backup plan. Just last Saturday I hit the sale at Old Navy and bought two nice hawaiian shirts, $1.97 each! Now Lance and Jace have matching shirts to wear to school! (Lance starts preschool next week) Lance was way excited about this idea. Jace, I think he had his mind on other things. Except he did like that it is Hawaiian.
So I asked him if he would like to wear that shirt tomorrow.
"Okay!" Thankfully more enthusiasm.

I'm really glad that Jace has his priorities straight that nice, new clothes are not the most important thing on the first day of school, as I always thought. Who raised him, anyway?

2 comments:

  1. I have deceided it is a boy thing. Hunter could care less about his clothes. Anna on the other hand has a say in EVERYTHING she wears. Sometimes it is a struggle, but other times it is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to have the opposite problem, since I have all girls. Megyn will tell me that her pj's are too old to wear to bed!

    ReplyDelete

All New Feature