Thursday, April 10, 2008

"Let's Marry!" said the Cherry

In school, Jace is learning about rhyming couplets. It was so fun to watch his amusement as he read this poem to himself and also read it out loud to me.

It began like this:



"Let's marry!" said the cherry

"Why me?" said the pea.

"'Cuz you're sweet," said the beet

"Say you will," said the dill



- and so on, it's really cute, and was a fun read. So Jace's homework was to write his own rhyming couplet. I'm biased, but I must say that Jace has got some talent, in all his innocence.



Here's one that he wrote:



"You teach," said the peach.

"Not me," said the pea.

"Yes, please," said the keys

"Oh no!" said the hoe.



"Why not," said the pot.

"Get water," said the washer.

"Do it again," said the hen.

"No! No!" said the crow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All New Feature