Thursday, January 31, 2008

Remembering President Gordon B. Hinckley

I love this photo of President Hinckley. He was so patient with all the photographers who were constantly taking his picture. He did say one time, in a quiet tone, that "if all the cameras in the world were thrown into the ocean, there would be a great flood." I will miss President Hinckley's wonderful sense of humor.

Here is a poem that a friend of a friend of mine wrote:


President Hinckley would want it that way.

I imagine he's running to Marjorie now. Yes, running, not waving his cane.
I see him embracing his father and mother while they keep repeating his name.
I see him now meeting his forebears, Brother Brigham and Joseph are there.
Sweet reunion of Prophets, united by service that only such noble men share.
I see Him embraced by the Savior while Father says, "Good and well done.
So faithful in stalwart endurance, I welcome my noble, most Excellent Son."
I then hear the ripples of laughter as he says, "the reception's just fine,"
But he hopes that He'll get an assignment or two since there's no need to waste time.
I can hear His clear voice in the stillness at the close of this sweet Sabbath day
"Have faith and move foreward-there's work to be done."
President Hinckley would want it that way.

Anna M. Molgard January 27, 2008


I am so grateful to live in the time that President Hinkley served as our prophet. He will be missed!

1 comment:

All New Feature