Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Here's the roll recipe for those of you that requested it.  Just made some again today.  I think we're trying to make up for time lost cuz these are going fast!

Jenny's rolls
(Although I got this recipe from a bread machine book many years ago when we were first married, sure I'll take the credit now since I don't have that recipe anymore!)

2 Tablespoons yeast
scant 1/4 cup sugar (or not scant, if you like sugar ;)
2 cups warm water


Let sit til bubbly or foamy, about 15 min or so.  Then turn on your mixer to LOW and add:

2 teaspoons salt
4 -6 Tablespoons butter
(if your hubbie comes up behind you and adds yet even more butter it's okay, it makes it even more tasty!)
1/4 cup powdered milk (optional if you have a milk allergy, which we don't but I've seen french bread recipes that are pretty much the same as mine except no milk and less butter)
2 cups bread flour plus some more for later

Mix these a couple minutes 'til combined, then gradually add more bread flour while mixing until it pulls from sides of bowl, about 2-3 cups.  Try not to add too much flour, it can make the bread tough.  Slightly sticky dough is good.  You can add a tiny bit more flour when forming the rolls. 
That's pretty much it I guess.  Just let the dough rise about an hour or so, til it's about double, then shape rolls, let them rise about 20-30 min.  Bake at 350 for about 12-15 min.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to mention I do this with my Kitchenaid. Before I had that I made it in my bread maker on the dough setting and just baked it in the oven. I'm sure Bosch would be awesome too. If I had a Bosch I would probably double this recipe!

    ReplyDelete

All New Feature