Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Kids' Bathroom Part 5: It's USEABLE!!!

So the goal was to have it useable by the time company arrives.  Mission accomplished!!!


Casey and Jared admiring our beautiful new vanity!

Check out the faucet!!!  Jared isn't crazy about it.  We had a discussion about functionality versus looks, and I went for looks :)  Isn't it way cute?
Backing up this story a step:  I bought a functional, stainless steel faucet a while ago, and Jared asked me if this is the faucet I really want.  I was just trying to get that shopping part done.  So I shopped around more and found this awesome bamboo one!  I figured, since I'm going with a beach theme in this bathroom, THIS IS PERFECT!  I was actually really excited about it, unlike the way I felt about the boring, functional one.  So, way to go, Jared, for sending me back to the store!!!
And, way to go, honey, for putting our bathroom back to it's functionality!!

Here's another fun fact:  Jared wasn't planning on starting this bathroom so soon after our last one was done.  He says I just started pounding away at it before he was ready.  Way to go, me and, actually more high fives to Kyle!!!  Just think how pink it would be still, if I hadn't handed the hammer over to him!!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Good looking job.
    Grampa

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! I love it! I'm sitting here drooling - I SO want to re-do our bathrooms but am afraid we won't have the money to put into them....would it be rude for me to ask how much these renovations cost? :) And, when did Jared find the time to do them? That's another reason I'm hesitant to tackle the job....I'm afraid we'd get halfway in and Jon would never have the time to finish.... :) In any case, your bathrooms are beautiful! Well done, to the whole family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Sarah, I'm not sure how much it cost, but we just used our hefty tax return, as well as Christmas $ from our families. The vanity was about $400, but you can buy them for less. I just really liked this one. I had a picture in my mind of what I wanted, and I had to go with it. I feel so spoiled :) Jared's been working so hard. This month has been an easier month and he's been home earlier. He gets one week off every quarter, so that's been super for renovating our house. He wants to do the basement after this is done. AH!
    PS I got the shower door in the Master Bath for only 380.00. That was a dang good deal at a certain store, and I hadn't seen it that low anywhere else. Call me and we can talk more specifics if you'd like. I'll email you my cell# if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I love the faucet. :)

    ReplyDelete

All New Feature