Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Any Advice?

Oh Fun!  We're re-tiling both of our bathroom floors and walls. (and replacing the toilets and vanities)   When I say "we" it means I get to do the fun part, and he gets to do it.  I like my roll.  Jared's leaving all the shopping up to me.  I've got to figure out what colors I want and buy all the tile asap before Jared's off starting Thurs 'til Christmas ( then he's back to work again on the day after Christmas). 
I bought a few colors I liked today and tried them in the bathroom, but they're pretty much just like the tile in our entry way and our kitchen.  I really like that color and style!  Anyway, I'm trying to think, since we're re-doing both bathrooms, if I want them both to be the same neutral colors, or do I want to get spunky and go with a little color?  Maybe a slate blue in our master bath (the bedroom walls are a light brown color that I really like - I never imagined myself liking brown walls, but I just really like this house!) and then doing the guest/hallway bathroom a neutral color, yes, like the entryway and kitchen.  Is that boring?  The walls in our house are, more light brown, same as our bedroom (like the hallway by this bathroom), an avacodo green and a vanilla yellow - which sound really crazy and wild, but I actually really like these colors!  ( never would have known to pick them).
I need to shop some more tomorrow, I had about 15 minutes today to pick out the tile I got.  Tomorrow's my last day to shop with just 2 kids in tow.  Not complaining, just sayin'.
I'm so excited, I just hope I pick good colors!  If you were redoing your bathrooms any color you dreamed of, how would you do it?  Ideas anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am SUPER jealous! I would LOVE to re-do my bathrooms but we probably won't have the money while we live at this house! (East coast = $$ - wish we would have opted for a midwest residency but that's another story...) Anyway, do you plan to stay in your house beyond residency? I'm no expert, but If you want to be there awhile, I would say you could be a little more 'fun'/creative, but if you are just planning on being there for a few years, I would keep with the neutral theme you have going. I mean, you can dress neutral up a lot with brightly colored candles, towels, shower curtains, etc - even painting the walls! But tile is a long-term choice so I would opt for the neutral and spruce it up with colors in more 'short-term' ways (towels, etc.) Because when you go to sell your house that will be a big plus - if people are looking at a neutral home and think it's boring, they think "we can just add a little color here and there" but if it's some color they hate, they are a little put off by it....again, no expert, just my little mantra for if/when we ever do any home improvements. :) :)

    ReplyDelete

All New Feature