Sunday, April 04, 2010

Easter at the Cabin

When I was a child, the Texan Easter Bunny brought Rice Crispy Treats-shaped baskets filled with goodies, waiting for me on the kitchen table when I woke up in the morning. However, at Jared's house, the Utah Easter bunny always hid his plastic Easter basket. So the Easter bunny, in an effort to save traditions, has been hiding these sticky, gooey baskets throughout our house for the kids to find, each year making it a little more difficult for the older kids to find. This year, the Easter bunny found out that we were at the cabin, since it was General Conference weekend. So, after an Easter story, the search began...






Jace helped Cami reach hers
After looking and over-looking, Jace finally found his goods behind the food in the cupboard. Lance found Kyle's basket in the microwave, and his own in the oven. Good thing no one baked anything this morning! Rice Crispy Treat Bonding. Jared's mom had a hip replacement surgery a few weeks ago and is doing great.
Playing with their goods. Lance and Kyle got cars, from the Cars movie. One of them got some for Christmas and it's been hard on the other guy that didn't get them. Problem solved! Cami also got one, solving any possible future problems....
Later, Cami was feeling festive and put on her Easter dress. Okay, maybe her mom had a small part in it...
It was a cold, white, Easter afternoon. A fresh blanket of snow had just fallen...
Cami didn't seem to mind.
Well, not too much, anyway. Brrr!!

Where are the tulips?
If I can't pick flowers, I'll just pick snow.

3 comments:

  1. what a clever bunny! love the rice krispy baskets, cute :) I like Cami's dress, too... very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea...I'm doing that basket idea next year...I mean the Easter bunny is going to do that for my family next year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize Aunt Judy had a hip replacement. Yikes. I am glad to hear she is recovering well. The Easter bunny in Utah sure is creative! I LOVED Cami's dress. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

All New Feature