Sunday, September 13, 2009

Motherhood Memories

I have got to get this down so that I don't forget some of the excitement involved in my motherhood.

Today, I found Lance in the bathroom aiming his mouth at a splattered mirror above his head and spitting at it. My reaction wasn't one I would like to write about or even remember, but then I turned around (seriously, I just turned around!) to find Kyle standing by the toilet, taking his own poop-filled diaper off!

This might make more sense after an explanation. Lance tried to explain to me that he was just trying to see what color his spit is. That's all! He wasn't even trying to spit on the mirror, just curious as to what color the stuff in his mouth is. And Kyle was obviously trying to fix his problem.
At that moment, the last thing in my mind was to laugh. I could smell an urgent need in the direction of Kyle. But tonight, as I looked back on it, I had to chuckle. What are the chances of two children doing such disgusting things at the same time? Oh, I wish I could remember to laugh!

3 comments:

  1. You laughed later, that's great! Those two are hilarious...and the timing...genius! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Marie Osborn's philosophy, "you might as well laugh about it now." Sometimes that is harder to do at the moment. Thanks for sharing and giving us some perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are boys, I would invest in a healthy fake laugh if nothing else!

    ReplyDelete

All New Feature