Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Boring Place

Yesterday, when I picked up Lance from preschool, I explained to him the plan: We would go home and get some snacks, books, and small toys to prepare for an errand (We had to take paperwork in to get recertified for insurance. I had already gone earlier that morning, but they needed more paperwork so I had to make another trip.)

"Where are we going?" Lance asked.
"To a boring place." was my quick, preoccupied answer. Better not get his hopes up. I think I have a talent for giving non-well-thought-out answers to Lance. Gotta work on that. I should at least try to be positive and give my children a better outlook on life.

Once we got there, Lance and Kyle sat down by me and set out to enjoy their snacks and things they brought. I was so impressed with how good they were!

Today, when I picked Lance up from preschool, he asked, "Are we going to the 'boring place' again?"

"Nope." (Thank goodness!)

A bummed Lance said, "Why not? I want to go to the 'boring place'!"

I think I've been blessed with children that might be able to create their own great outlooks on life, despite their mom.

2 comments:

  1. So funny! That's so cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, I see glimpses of greatness in my children despite their mother, too. We've got a few "boring places" to go to today. I hope they're behaved...

    ReplyDelete

All New Feature